- Introduction and General Terms
- what information STEM Learning may collect about you;
- how STEM Learning will use information we collect about you;
- whether STEM Learning will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The STEM Learning website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
- What information will STEM Learning collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service or information from STEM Learning, such as newsletters, e-bulletins, or register with the online system, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, school address, school telephone number. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable STEM Learning and its local contract holders to provide you with the services you select.
- How will STEM Learning use the information you collect about me?
STEM Learning will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send information you request, or where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that STEM Learning may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to STEM Learning, including any content you provide; and
- the STEM Learning website uses IP addresses to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use.
Where STEM Learning proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
STEM Learning may occasionally promote new services to you if you agree to be contacted for these purposes. This would occur no more than once per term.
- Will STEM Learning share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential within STEM Learning, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in Section 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within STEM Learning. However, sometimes STEM Learning uses third parties to process your information. STEM Learning will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and STEM Learning will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
- Offensive or inappropriate content on STEM Learning’s websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to STEM Learning’s websites including stemclubs.net and stemchallenges.net, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, STEM Learning may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where STEM Learning reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), STEM Learning may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to STEM Learning.
- How long will STEM Learning keep my personal information?
STEM Learning will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service.
- Can I find out what personal information STEM Learning holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information STEM Learning holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
- Cookies Policy – Information STEM Learning collects from you