- Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of services and support, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information STEMNET may collect about you;
- how STEMNET will use information we collect about you;
- whether STEMNET will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The STEMNET website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
- What information will STEMNET collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service or information from STEMNET, such as newsletters, e-bulletins, or register with the online system, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, school address, school telephone number.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable STEMNET and its local contract holders to provide you with the services you select.
- How will STEMNET use the information you collect about me?
STEMNET will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send information you request, or where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that STEMNET may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to STEMNET, including any content you provide; and
- the STEMNET website uses IP addresses to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use.
Where STEMNET proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
STEMNET may occasionally promote new services to you if you agree to be contacted for these purposes. This would occur no more than once per term.
- Will STEMNET share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential within STEMNET, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in Section 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within STEMNET. However, sometimes STEMNET uses third parties to process your information. STEMNET will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and STEMNET will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
- Offensive or inappropriate content on STEMNET’s websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to STEMNET’s websites including stemclubs.net and stemchallenges.net, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, STEMNET may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where STEMNET reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), STEMNET may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to STEMNET.
- How long will STEMNET keep my personal information?
STEMNET will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service.
- Can I find out what personal information STEMNET holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information STEMNET holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
- Cookies Policy – Information STEMNET collects from you