Benefits Of The Programme
STEM Ambassadors are inspiring role models to young people, switching their minds to the excitement and potential of STEM subjects and careers. They themselves also gain tremendously from the programme.
As an Ambassador you have the opportunity to:
- gain a fresh perspective on day-to-day work when seen through the eyes of students
- face a different challenge to that of everyday work
- enjoy a sense of achievement after delivering an activity
- help make a difference in the local community
- challenge stereotypes young people have about STEM subjects and related careers
- strengthen your own skills, including communication, planning and presentation skills
have lots of fun and enjoy the buzz and energy from the young people!
By supporting students in their STEM learning, you will bring them the following benefits:
- Science, maths, design and technology, and engineering become relevant to the everyday experience of students.
- Better motivation, more confidence and enthusiasm
- Opportunities to improve key skills as well as increase understanding in science, maths, design and technology, and engineering
- Better understanding of the opportunities that a career in science, technology, engineering and maths can offer
Last Updated: Friday 3 September, 2010