Why become a STEM Ambassador?
There are many reasons why people become STEM Ambassadors
- Engage and enthuse young people about STEM
- Give teachers a unique perspective on how the STEM curriculum can be demonstrated in the world of work
- Encourage young people to consider STEM careers and qualification
- Contribute to improved academic achievement in STEM subjects.
- Develop other employability skills in young people, including confidence, team-work, presentation and creativity
If you are over the age of 17 with skills or interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics you can register as a STEM Ambassador. The most important qualities in STEM Ambassadors are that they are enthusiastic and positive role models for STEM subjects and associated careers.
Many of our STEM Ambassadors report
- Enjoying a sense of achievement
- Facing a different challenge from everyday work
- Challenging stereotypes which young people have about STEM subjects and related careers
- Gaining a fresh perspective on day-to-day work when seen through the eyes of students
- Helping to make a difference in the local community
- Developing new skills and confidence