“Being a STEM Ambassador is probably the most satisfying aspect of my career. Inspiring kids for the future is the pinnacle of what’s possible and it’s tremendous fun too!”
Derek Langley, Product Manager, Thales
Why become a STEM Ambassador?
There are many reasons why people become STEM Ambassadors
- Engage and enthuse young people about STEM
- Give teachers a unique perspective on how the STEM curriculum can be demonstrated in the world of work
- Encourage young people to consider STEM careers and qualification
- Contribute to improved academic achievement in STEM subjects.
- Develop other employability skills in young people, including confidence, team-work, presentation and creativity
If you are over the age of 17 with skills or interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics you can register as a STEM Ambassador. The most important qualities in STEM Ambassadors are that they are enthusiastic and positive role models for STEM subjects and associated careers.
Many of our STEM Ambassadors report
- Enjoying a sense of achievement
- Facing a different challenge from everyday work
- Challenging stereotypes which young people have about STEM subjects and related careers
- Gaining a fresh perspective on day-to-day work when seen through the eyes of students
- Helping to make a difference in the local community
- Developing new skills and confidence